You need to have a Google account to use Google Custom Search. If you have no Google account already, create a new Google account and proceed with below steps.
1. Sign in to your Google account.
2. Go to Google Custom Search Website.
3. Click on Create a Custom Search Engine Button and you will be driven through a wizard.
4. Fill out the form with relevant information and press Next button after agreeing with Terms of Service.
5. On the next page, you will be able to select a search bar style. Further you can customize appearance by clicking Customize button below the selected style and live preview will be available below.
6. After the customization click on Next button.
7. Now you can grab the code for your customized search box and add to your website.
* If you would like to customize your search box, follow through below steps and grab the new code snippet to be used instead of the code snippet you already got.
i. Go to Google Custom Search page.
ii. Click on the link, manage your existing search engines.
iii. Now click on control panel link correspond to your search engine.
iv. Click on Look and feel link from left pane.
v. Choose layout, customize style and click Save & Get Code button.
vi. Grab your search engine element code and add it to your blog or website.
Two Column Layout
Grab the search results code of your custom search engine in the second text box and place it in your website where you wanna display search results.
Two Pages Layout
i. Here, before you grab the search results code, you need to create a new page on your website.
ii. Now open your new page in a new browser window or tab, and copy the URL of your page from the browser address bar.
iv. Now grab the search results code snippet in the second text box and add it in your new page you have created.