Facebook has no official solutions for get notifications other than checking out Facebook comment moderation tool. But as I browse web I was able to find a working solution to get comment notifications via email developed by a Facebook developer. It will help you to notify every comment via email whenever someone made comments on your blog via Facebook comment plugin. Also it's capable of sending notifications to your Facebook email address if you wish to. So it will save lot of time and you don't need to keep eye on Facebook comment moderation tool for new comments made on your blog. Interested? Let's find out how to set up notifications for Facebook comments.
Before You Go:
* Make sure you have a file hosting site like Google Sites to upload and access few files we gonna need for this process.
1. Go to Blogger Dashboard.
2. Click on your Blog Title.
3. Navigate to Template tab.
Note: Before editing your template, you may want to save a copy of it. Read How to Back Up Your Template.
4. Click on Edit HTML button.
5. Tick on, Expand Widget Templates option.
6. Now search for <fb:comments which is Facebook Comment plugin code.
7. Add attribute class='fbcomments' and expr:title='data:post.title' to your Facebook Comment plugin code.
i.e: <fb:comments class='fbcomments' expr:title='data:post.title' expr:href='data:post.url' num_posts='2' width='500'/>
8. Now add below code snippets just after <head> in your template.
var toMail = 'email@example.com';
var sendPath = 'https://sites.google.com/site/mayura4ever/fbCommentsEN.php';
Color Indication Information:
- Your Blog Email
- Email Recipient
i.e: var toMail = 'firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org';
i.e: var sendPath = 'https://sites.google.com/site/mayura4ever/fbCommentsEN_nc.php';
Credits: This has been implemented by Gil Goldshlager, a developer of Facebook and credits should goes to.