How It Works?
Let Users Pin Your Content
Problem on Blogger
But the main problem is, you can't just implement Pin it button on your site. Pin it button does not crawl implemented page automatically as the Pin it bookmarklet do and you need to configure it individually. So official Pin it button always needs to specify exact URL of post and URL of the image or video on the page. But when it comes to Blogger, you can't edit each and every page to add Pin it button individually. So you can't make use of official Pin it button in Blogger. Eventhough you are able to edit your pages and configure Pin it button individually, it will a waste of time if you have many number of pages on your site. But here you will find an alternative way to pin your content which derived from Pinterest Pin it bookmarklet. So Blogger users still able to let their readers to pin content from their blogs. However it has no associated button count. Interested? Let's implement it in your blog.
1. Go to Blogger Dashboard.
2. Click on your Blog Title.
3. Navigate to Template tab.
Note: Before editing your template, you may want to save a copy of it. Read How to Back Up Your Template.
4. Click Edit HTML button.
5. Tick on, Expand Widget Templates option.
6. Now search for <data:post.body/> in your template and add below button code snippet just after that.
* You may encounter two search results for <data:post.body/>. Add this code right after the first resulted line of code.
I have listed image URLs for default and compact buttons below to select your preferred one.
Image URL - https://sites.google.com/site/mayuradocs/PinIt.png
7. Now save your template and check your individual posts for Pinterest pin it button.