But if you wish to migrate or change your domain, Facebook plugin will not render existing comments as it populates comments only for the URL that comments have been made. And Facebook comment plugin still doesn't provide a way to migrate your existing comments. If it's not a problem or if you are not wishing to migrate, it would be the best option for you to increase engagement of your visitors. However we have already discussed implementing comment plugin in Blogger and if you are on another platform, you can find how to customize and implement it on your blog or website.
Before You Go:
* If you are a Blogger user, read Add Facebook Comment Social Plugin to Blogger.
There is nothing to worry about implementation. You just need to add comment social plugin at the place where you wanna show comment box for your visitors. You can either use XFBML code or HTML5 code to implement the comment plugin.
Note: The XFBML markup of this plugin may not support earlier versions of Internet Explorer. In order to enhance compatibility with older Internet Explorer versions, add below XML namespace to your root HTML tag.
i.e: <html b:version='2' ..... xmlns:fb="http://ogp.me/ns/fb#">
Color Indication Information
- URL of the Page
Here you can specify a URL for this comment plugin. So the comments posted will be available only for that URL. Else you can leave it as a blank and comment plugin will detect implemented page URL automatically and store comments for that specific URL.
- Number of posts/comments displayed
This will set default number of comments to be rendered under Facebook comment plugin and other comments will be collapsed by default. If you wanna show all comments under the comment box, then remove this value with the attribute completely.
- Width of comment plugin, in pixels
- The color scheme of your comment plugin, specify either light or dark.
* If you wanna show Facebook comment count along with the comment box, just add below line of code after or before comment plugin code.
* Your comment moderation tools and settings will be displayed as follows with comment box, or you can access them via Facebook Comment Moderation Tool site.
* You can find more insights for your comments at Facebook Insights page.