But content always matters for readers. Everyday at least there will be a new reader for you and most of the time they will not tend to explore or go through your archives unless they landed to find older stories. So what would be your best solution to gain more exposure and increase engagement for your old content?
Further it will enable bloggers to show content from their partner sites, which are listed on their blogroll and help them to earn extra money by showing off sponsored posts on the widget.
When it comes to customization, it allows wide range of options such as ability to change style, type of the widget and yet it is far more easy to implement too. Also it has the capability of controlling relevancy when you display related content and re-indexing feature will ensure up-to-date related content being displayed on post pages even you made changes to your existing content.
You can count on nRelate for gaining more exposure and attention to your old content, and I hope you would love to experience its features at first place. Shall we implement it on yours?
1. Sign up for a new nRelate account and activate your account following the link in confirmation email.
2. Now log in to your account.
3. You will have to read and accept the Terms of Services to proceed. Click I Accept.
4. Go to Blogger Installation page and submit your blog URL.
5. Then you will be required to select the widget type. Read following descriptions and select the best widget type for you.
Posts Only - Related content widget will be appeared only on post pages beneath posts
Posts and Homepage - Related content widget will be appeared on homepage and post pages beneath posts
All Pages - Related content widget will be appeared on all pages including static pages beneath posts
6. Click on the button representing your preferred widget type and you will redirect to another page. Make sure it has the correct blog selected and then click Add Widget.
7. You will be redirected to Blogger Layout tab and will find nRelate widget has been added. Place it beneath the Blog Posts element and save arrangement.
8. Now, navigate to nRelate Settings page and click Settings link beneath your blog name.
Widget Type (Thumbnails or Text)
Please enter a title for the related content box
You can define a custom title text to be displayed along with nRelate widget here.
Maximum number of related posts to display from this site
You can control the maximum number of related posts to be displayed on your widget, range from 0 to 10.
How relevant do you want the results to be?
How deep into your archive would you like to go for related posts?
This setting will specify time constraint to consider when indexing your content to be delivered as related posts. Unless you have a specific reason to prevent older posts from showing up as related posts, make sure the time it denotes greater than your blogging time. For example, if you have been blogging for 6 years, specify it 10 years or a greater value.
Maximum number of characters for title?
This setting will determine how much characters to be allowed to display post titles.