Watch Out for "Crappy" Websites?
It May Not You, But...
No Internet, No Risk...
OpenDNS follow category based filtering and it includes site categories such as porn, gamble, nudity, weapons, tasteless and you can customize preferences as you wish in anytime. That's flexibility. In addition to content filtering it includes enhanced security features like Phishing protection, Suspicious response protection, Typo correction and offer you traffic reports and much more to be secure and safe online. OpenDNS claims that you will get faster performance with their DNS configuration. However I'm not looking for faster Internet with DNS and personally. I don't see any difference in Internet performance for myself. But I hope if you are located in US, you will be able to experience improved performance. But it's perfectly reliable, simple and it does its job well when it comes to web content filtering. Personally I found it myself as another layer of security between Internet and my computer.
7. Click on your added IP address under Your Networks heading to manage settings.
8. Now select most preferable content filtering level for you. You can view which kind of content groups would be filtered at each level using View link. But if you wanna select your own groups to filter, select Custom and go for your choices. Once you done with selecting preferred groups, click Apply button to apply changes to your network.
9. If you have domains that you wanna block or allow always by OpenDNS, add those domains under Manage individual domains setting.
11. Further you can check other tabs such as Security, Advanced Settings if you wish to configure more settings related to your account. However default settings except for what we have changed, will works for you mostly. But take a look at them to see if you have something to deal with.
* You can view statistics for your network at Statistics page.
* In case, if you wanna change settings of your OpenDNS account, jump to Settings page.
* If you have installed OpenDNS Dynamic IP Address Updater Client, as you have dynamic IP address, make sure you have logged in to updater with your OpenDNS credentials and always running in background.