A domain name on the web space is considered as an unique identity online. Usually custom domains are not free and you have to purchase, but yet very cheap. Using a custom domain can help you improve visibility of your brand name and content plus it depicts that you are dedicated to it. There are different sort of domain registrars on the web and you will need to select one which suites to your requirements in managing your domain. Have you heard of GoDaddy?
Why Custom Domain?
However, now you gonna ask me, why I'm pushing on custom domains again. Selecting a domain registrar is depends on your choice and I'm gonna help you set up your blog if you have selected GoDaddy as your domain registrar or registered a domain there. I was confused when I set up my blog first time too. Yeah, I didn't know it first and now I'm sharing what I've learnt with you.
GoDaddy Domain Name
+Lisa Buben ~ I like GoDaddy, they respond quick on Twitter w/ questions too.
+Carol Lynn Rivera ~ Reliable and simple to use.
+Vanita Cyril ~ GoDaddy is great for domain management and the tech support is pretty good.
● Domain Status - GoDaddy monitor and report current status of your domain whether it's active or inactive.
Except for above features, GoDaddy can be,
Before You Go:
1. Sign in to your GoDaddy account.
2. Go to GoDaddy Blogger DNS Setup page.
3. Now enter your custom domain URL purchased at GoDaddy, that your wish to set up your blog and click Confirm button.
4. Wait until it update your DNS records.
5. After DNS record updation, go to Blogger Dashboard.
6. Click on your Blog Title.
7. Jump to Settings tab from left pane.
8. Find Publishing heading on Basic tab.
* You can access your GoDaddy domain settings via Domain Manager.