Embedding YouTube Videos
YouTube for the Masses
There are a few things you have to consider when you use a YouTube video linking in to your site.
● You have no control over the video once you linked it. The owner can do as he or she pleases and remove the video without notice.
● YouTube can remove any video without any notice.
● Copyright issues. Especially when you are using links to music videos on your blog, YouTube videos may not be licensed to run in the country where you are located, or your readers are located. Bummer. They will end up staring at nothing...
Video sharing has become one of the fastest growing activities on the Internet. All major Social Network Platforms, like Twitter, Google+, FaceBook, MySpace (especially the new version) will depend on sharing the video goodies.
Embedding a Video from YouTube
In it's simplest form using an iframe in your HTML page coding looks as follows:
The main options are:
● Show suggested videos when the video finishes - Uncheck that option if you want your readers to stay focused on your content.
● Use HTTPS - Use this option if you want the video to be shared using an encrypted connection. This is typically used to provide enhanced privacy and security for services like web browsing, e-mail and instant messaging.
● Play in HD - Play in high definition. Bear in mind, that some of your readers are on slower internet connections and may not be able to watch video's in High Definition.
● Use old embed code - Checking this option will generate 'old style' embedding code using the <object> tag instead of the <iframe> tag.
● You can also set the dimensions of the playback frame. In this case we picked 560 x 315 pixels. You can choose your own dimensions. For instance 640 x 360.
Here is the code we are going to use for this demo. Why this video? Because I like it. That's why. Here is the code:
As you can see, there are more options available, and here is the result when this code is embedded in the HTML code of your post:
Or smaller, let's say 280 x 157
About Guest Author
Jan Bierens from JanBierens.com is a Blogger since May 2011. Working in the ICT business since December 1997. Curious. Google and Social Media Adept. Owner, Editor, Janitor, Pizzaman and Author of The JanBierens dot Com. Doing my thing to the max in the Blogosphere, trying to entertain, question, baffle people. *This* is your daily dose of cereal with nuts! "In Heaven all interesting people are missing".
|Find Me: Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | Technorati|