Social Media vs Time Management
Social Media Management Tools
HootSuite is not about connecting and monitoring multiple social networks. You can interact with users and post messages on multiple networks at once. Isn't that we were talking about? When it comes to posting, HootSuite has convenient features for you not to feel lost in nowhere. You can use following options when you intend to post a new message.
● Schedule updates or messages (Manual or AutoSchedule)
● Attach images and files such as documents
● Mention location
● Customize privacy and sharing options
● Shorten URLs or links
Here's something interesting when it comes to scheduling your messages. HootSuite now offers AutoSchedule feature where it send out your message for optimal impact. In another words, it finds the best time to send your message for your friends or followers. It applies time slots for different networks too. Honestly I have no idea about the mechanism behind this technique but as I feel it's quite similar to Tweriod where it assess your analytics over time and decide best time based on user engagement. So, it may not work for you at first time as it goes with a general time. But you can give some time for HootSuite to read social engagement to decide what's best time for you.
Third Party Apps
Before You Go:
You need to sign up for a new HootSuite account before you proceed to the steps below.
1. Sign in to your HootSuite account.
2. Now hover your mouse pointer over the Launch Bar on left and click on your Account Name.
3. You will direct to Member section and click on Add a Social Network link under My Social Networks.
4. Now add your preferred social networks that you would like to monitor and manage via HootSuite.
* You will ask to authorize when you connect your social profiles and free account allows up to 5 networks only.
* Remember to select exact profile, page or group you wanna manage via HootSuite when connecting social profiles.
5. Once you done with connecting your social networks, click Submit button.
6. Now hover your mouse pointer over Launch Bar and click on Streams.
7. You will able to see tabs for each of your connected social profiles and navigate through tabs to view their streams such as home stream, private messages.
ii. After constructing message, select your profiles, pages or groups you wanna post your update via Profile field.
iii. Now click on Send Message button at the end of Compose field if you wanna send it right now.
Instead, if you wanna schedule your message to post on a specific date or time, click on Schedule icon instead.
Now you will prompt to select a date and time to post using the calendar or by entering them.
After selecting a specific date and time to send the message or update, click Schedule button.