Currently, Facebook offers above mentioned recovery options to verify your identity and to recover your account safely. As you might already know, they are well known options to verify the real account holder and to prevent falling the account to wrong hands.
Unless Facebook relies on security question, you either need an active email address or mobile number to recover your account. Sometimes your Facebook app can help you though. Is your contact details are up-to-date? Else you will be helpless at account recovery. Have a look again and make sure your contact details are up-to-date.
Anyway, if you suspect your account had been compromised, never hesitate to secure your Facebook account.
Friends Can Help You
What if you can't access your email address and get verification message to your mobile number? Hmm... Sounds like it can never happen. But, there are incidents which users couldn't gain access to their Facebook accounts as their verified contacts were outdated.
Have no access to your old email? Changed the mobile number few months ago? Don't worry. Now, Facebook won't keep you waiting, even if you have no access to your specified contacts. With your dear friends around, gaining access to your account made easy.
Facebook introduced a new account recovery option for everyone - Trusted Contacts. With Trusted Contacts feature on, you can turn 3 to 5 friends for help logging into your account.
I don't know if Facebook developer team was aware of the fact that an average person has 3 to 5 best friends.
If you can't log in to your account, then you can ask help from your trusted contacts. In this procedure, Facebook will send unique access codes to each of your trusted friends and you need to retrieve them from your friends to regain access to your Facebook account. You can learn about the whole procedure as you proceed with the steps below.
Keep in Mind
● Trust Matters (Again!) - Eventhough you made the list of your trusted contacts, still you need to verify their eligibility. Unfortunately, if your trusted contacts willing to team up against you, they can take over your account very easily. Yeah, with the help of trusted contacts feature. It's best advised to turn on Facebook login notifications to notify if someone else trying to login to your account.
1. Log in to your Facebook account.
2. Go to Account Settings.
3. Navigate to Security tab.
4. Click on Trusted Contacts setting.
5. Click Choose Trusted Contacts link.
6. Now proceed to select your trusted contacts by clicking Choose Trusted Contacts button.
7. Choose at least 3 Facebook friends by typing in their names in the given text box and click Confirm button.
8. Finally, you will be asked to enter your current Facebook password to confirm changes and set your chosen contacts as your trusted contacts.
* Once you confirm your trusted contacts, they will receive a notification claiming you have chosen them as your trusted contacts.
* You can edit or remove your trusted contacts anytime using Edit or Remove All links.
i. Navigate to Find Your Account page and locate your Facebook account.
ii. Now you will be given available options to recover your Facebook account. Click No longer have access to these? link.
iii. Enter a new email address or phone number to send messages about recovering your account, and click Continue.
iv. Now, follow the on screen instructions and click Continue.
● Click Reveal My Trusted Contacts button and enter the full name of a friend you have chosen as your trusted contacts.
● Ask your friends to visit the URL in second step.
● Retrieve the access codes and enter in respective text fields.