Gibberish vs Plain English
But users may not find it convenient at all. They are fond of embracing an URL which is easily memorized. So, they can share away whenever someone asks for it. You do love personalization. Don't you?
AND Google+, allowing their users to have custom / personalized URLs too. I may quite late to bring this news in, and probably you might have had it set up already too. I know, my friends did. However, allow me to take you through and help folks who couldn't made it yet.
You might recall that Google+ was always strict on using real name on profiles too. I think same goes in here and probably, they wanna assure you don't take someone else's name appended in your custom URL, and need to keep it in a professional way.
You can easily claim custom URLs for your Google+ profile or page. Both follows the same procedure, but there are few eligibility requirements your profile or business page need to fulfill.
Google+ Profile Checklist
Google+ Page Checklist
● Make sure you have enabled Google+ Direct Connect for your business page. Read How to Enable Google+ Direct Connect for Your Google+ Pages
● If your page represents a local business, it needs to be verified on Google+. Check Google+ Dashboard for verification options.
If you have fulfilled above mentioned prerequisites for your Google+ profile or page, you are eligible for the custom URLs. Else, once your Google+ profile or page meets the requirements, you will find a notification on your Google+ profile or page claiming you are eligible.
Now, let's have a look what you need to be done once you are eligible for the custom URL.
Before You Go:
Note that your custom URL will be based on your name specified in your Google+ profile or page. If you intend to change the name on your profile or page, make sure to do it before you set up the custom URL.
1. Go to your Google+ profile or business page.
2. Navigate to About tab and scroll down until you find Links box.
3. If you are eligible for a custom URL, you will find Get URL link under Google+ URL section along with the suggested custom URL for your Google+ profile / page.
4. Click on Get URL link.
If you don't like the suggested URL and prefer something else, you can click Now now.
* You can't change your custom URL to something else afterwards, and no one will be able to claim it until you use it either.
* If you need, you can change the display format (capitalization or accent) of your custom URL even after the confirmation. Just click Edit link you find bottom of the Links section, and change it the way you need.
For example, my pre-approved name for Google+ page was Mayura4ever (Notice the "e" after "4"), but then I changed it to Mayura4Ever.
* In case if you changed the name on your profile or page after claiming custom URL, you will have to claim a new custom URL relevant for your new name. Probably, Google+ will notify you about it.