What is your native language? It could be English, French, Sinhala (which is mine) or any other language you speak. When it comes to blogging, you can write your posts using a preferable language after deciding your audience. But if you are not good with languages, you have to write using a language you speak. Else as you address people around the world, mostly you may try to be fair and come up with an international language to be convenient with most of your readers. But with or without your knowledge, some people still doesn't go easy with it. Not every person good at every language. In such a scenario, would you mind make use of a translation service for your blog?
Why Translate Content?
If you go public with your blog, you may have to interact with different kind of people with different language proficiencies. So you may think of a way to offer your content in different languages. Obviously, you may stick into one language throughout your blog and you can't convert or serve all you blog posts into different languages to be par with your visitors' needs. It's such a waste of time if you gonna do so. But you can't ignore people whom not familiar with the language you are writing. Your content could be still important for them. Even if you communicate with English language, some people may not familiar with it. Therefore you have to come up with a solution where you can easily translate your content for your readers. If it doesn't matter, you can ignore and stop counting on them.
It's Even More Easier...
Google translate supports over 50 languages and counting. You can implement Google translation service explicitly too. But now Blogger made it lot more easier for Blogger users. You don't need to play around with codings to implement translation gadget and Blogger offers Google Translate gadget directly from official Blogger gadget list. You just need to add it to your blog and whenever an user land on your page, they will able to select preferred language from available languages and translate content easily. I don't think you wanna miss it out if you wanna reach more people for your content.
1. Navigate to Blogger Dashboard.
2. Click on your Blog Title.
3. Jump to Layout tab.
4. Click on a Add a Gadget link on the page.
5. Now go through the gadget list displayed on imminent pop up box and click on Translate gadget.
6. Now you will get Google translate configuration window. The configuration is self explanatory and you just need to select preferred widget style - Vertical, Horizontal or Dropdown only.
Note: You can see a preview of your selected widget style there.
7. After selecting your preferred style, click Save.
8. Now you will see new translate element on your layout. Drag and place it where you wanna show it on your blog and click Save arrangement button after previewing your blog.
* If you don't wanna display a widget and translate pages automatically according to the browser language of the user, read How to Translate Your Website with Google Translate.