You love performing customizations on your blog, aren't you? Blogger is a free blogging platform to convey your ideas, information you have gathered and helps you to build a community around you too. It's completely free. You know what I mean? If you had to build it yourself, you will cost more than you imagine and due to the Blogger service, you just need to own a blog, create your content and publish only. Blogger doesn't ask you for anything in return, so you won't cost anything to use Blogger platform and to build your blog on it. But as you make use of Blogger platform, it's better if you can be grateful by mentioning or linking back to Blogger website. Well, actually if you own a blog on Blogger, it has been already mentioned on your blog footer. Do you have any idea of customizing blog footer element? It's actually called Attribution element. If so, you will notice that Blogger has been made it inaccessible. How about making it accessible and editable?
1. Go to Blogger Dashboard.
2. Now click on your Blog Title.
3. Navigate to Template tab.
Note: Before editing your template, you may want to save a copy of it. Read How to Back Up Your Template.
4. Click on Edit HTML button.
5. Now you have to find the code of attribution element. Search for the code snippet similar to below in the template,
6. Now alter the attribute locked value to false in the line of code, which cause element unable to remove.
i.e: <b:widget id='Attribution1' locked='false' title='' type='Attribution'>
8. Now change attribute value showaddelement to yes as below,
9. Now Save template.
10. Navigate to Layout tab from left pane.
11. Find Attribution element bottom of the page.
12. Click on Edit link correspond to the Attribution element.
13. Now click Remove button on pop up window.
14. Now Attribution element has been removed. You can add another element using bottom Add a Gadget link to add custom attribution or any other element.
15. Click Save arrangement button.