As you gain more user likes or recommendations on your website, either it convince users to visit your website or your future users to read your content, buy your products or grab your services too. But the only disadvantage with Facebook like button is, in case if you wanna migrate to another domain after implementing like button, the old likes won't be survive on new domain and you can't restore them back. However if you provide quality product, content or service, it doesn't matter. You can re-gain your likes back.
* If you are a Blogger users and wanna implement Facebook like button for your posts, read Add Facebook Like Button for Blogger Posts.
* If you are a Facebook member, you can see insights for your posts being liked and shared on Facebook and you can customize image and snippet posted on user's wall whenever they like via Facebook Like button. If you wanna grab those features, implement Facebook Open Graph Protocol on your website.
Color Indication Information:
- Page URL
URL of the page you wanna refer via Facebook like button. If you wanna let button to refer current page where button is on, just remove this with its attribute href or data-href from the code snippet.
- Color Scheme of Button
Change this value to dark if you wanna change the color scheme of button into dark.
- Like Button Text/Action
Change this value to recommend if you need the button text to be appeared as Recommend.
- Share Button
You can specify false if you don't wanna have Share button displayed along with Like button.
- Profile Pictures below Button
If you wanna show profile pictures, then set this value true. It will display friends of user who liked it, below the like button.
- Width Acquired by Plugin
Specify the value in pixels if you wanna change the width acquired by Like button plugin.
- Font Family
Specify font family you wanna use with Like button here.
i.e: font="arial" or data-font="arial"
* You can find more insights for your posts being shared on Facebook via Share button at Facebook Insights page.
* If you are planning to implement multiple Facebook Like buttons on same page, make sure to add xid attribute with the unique value for each button.
For example, if you planning on adding two Facebook Like buttons,
1st button : <fb:like xid='1000' ...
2nd button : <fb:like xid='1001' ...