Categories, Events and Hangouts
Google+ Page vs Community
One thing I really hate on Facebook groups is that it allows to add friends to a group without having their permission. Don't you? But here on Google+, first off invitees send to view the community they have been invited and invitation need to be accepted. So it mostly prevents letting in people who don't wanna be on such a community. It will leads to a community with more active members, than idles. Thinking of creating one for you and start connecting with interesting people through Google+? If you are a blogger or own a blog, I'd like to invite to the Google+ community I have created too. Now you know background information to jump on and I'll let you know more information when you proceed with the steps. Let's find out how you can create a Google+ community and manage it to make most out of it. Are you ready?
1. Navigate to Google+ Communities page.
2. Click on Create a Community button.
Enter your community name in the first field and specify the visibility of your private community.
No, hide it from searches - This option hides your community even from the Google+ search and only invited people will be able to join in.
4. Now click Create community button and your community will be live in next second.
Once you done with editing your community, click Save button to save changes.
* You can start hanging out with community members easily via Google+ hangouts. Click Start a new hangout button to go live.
Just switch to Events tab and click Create Event button to start creating a new event for your community.
You will need to confirm deletion after clicking on Delete this community link.
* You can view all your communities at Google+ Communities page.