It has Social Features
However before you implement Facebook comment plugin, you need to keep in mind that if you are wish to migrate your blog to another domain, existing comments made via Facebook comment plugin will no longer displayed after the migration. So it is recommended to make sure that you are not gonna migrate to another domain later on, as Facebook comment plugin doesn't provide a way to migrate your existing comments. Also remember that if you revert back to Blogger default comment form, you will lose existing Facebook comments too.
Eventhough Facebook offers comment plugin code officially, you may find it difficult when you implement it in Blogger. If so you can learn how to implement comment plugin for each post after going through this post. In addition, here you can learn how to add moderation capability for your comment box too. Moderation allows you to moderate comments and to find in which pages the recent comments were happened. So you can use Facebook comment plugin more efficiently and productively in your blog. Are you ready to get Facebook comment plugin in your blog?
Before You Go:
* If you wanna implement this plugin on your website, read How to Add Facebook Comment Social Plugin to Your Website.
2. Click on your Blog Title.
3. Navigate to Template from left pane.
4. Now click Edit HTML button.
5. Now search for <data:post.body/> in your template and add below comment plugin code after that. You can either use XFBML code or HTML5 code to implement XFBML version of comment plugin.
* Adding below <data:post.body/> will place your comment plugin under the post. If you need to place it elsewhere on post page, read How to Position Elements on a Blogger Post Page.
* You may encounter two search results for <data:post.body/>. Add this code right after the first resulted line of code.
<fb:comments id='fbcomments' expr:href='data:post.url' expr:title='data:post.title' num_posts='2' width='500' colorscheme='light'/>
i.e: <html b:version='2' ..... xmlns:fb="http://ogp.me/ns/fb#">
<div class="fb-comments" id='fbcomments' expr:data-href="data:post.url" expr:data-title='data:post.title' data-num-posts="2" data-width="500" data-colorscheme="light"></div>
- Number of posts/comments displayed
This will set default number of comments to be displayed under Facebook comment box and other comments will be collapsed. If you wanna show all comments under the comment box, then remove this value with the attribute completely.
- Width of comment plugin, in pixels
- The color scheme of your comment plugin, specify light or dark.
- Conditional Statement
6. Now Save your template and check for new comment plugin under posts.
* Now you are done with adding Facebook Comment plugin. If you would like to show Facebook comment count along with the comment box, just add below line of code after or before comment plugin code.
* Your comment moderation tools and settings will be displayed as follows with comment box, or you can access them via Facebook Comment Moderation Tool site.
* You can find more insights for your comments at Facebook Insights page.