So you want to be a Pet Blogger 'eh but not sure where to start?
Or maybe you already having your blogging platform and blog established but you're not sure how to "Network" with other Pet Bloggers and get your blog seen?
I'm here to tell you, after being a Pet Blogger myself for a few years, it's a tough world! But don't get discouraged!
Here's a few tips that I think you might find helpful.
How to Network with other Pet Bloggers
1. Get your blog listed in Pet Blog Directories. I highly suggestion DogTipper, BlogPaws, and Pet Blogs United. BlogPaws even has a Community Forum that you gain access to and meet some fellow Pet Bloggers.
2. Google or Bing for pet blogs (ie, if you're interest in cats, search it). You'll see a gazillion cat blogs pop up. Pop in and read them and my golly, COMMENT! Chances are if you leave a comment of substance, you may get a return visit to your blog.
3. It is imperative that you REPLY to those who Comment on your blog. Nothing will turn off a blogger more than someone who doesn't take the time to even acknowledge a comment. Phooey!
How to Gain Blog Traffic and Visibility
1. Start a Facebook Page, Connect it to your Blog, and Interact with your Fans.
2. Start a Blog Twitter Account, Share your blog posts, Follow and Interact with fellow Pet Blogging Tweeps.
3. Start a Google+ account. This is a great avenue to share your blog posts to as well as to Meet and Interact with fellow Pet Bloggers.
4. Start a Pinterest account and start Pinning some of your blog pictures as well as Networking with others.
5. Host a Giveaway on your blog. Mind you, not everyone has the money to buy a gift to giveaway but some pet companies may be willing to give you an item in return for a fair review. Giveaways will bring lots of traffic to your blog, then you just need to figure out how to keep them.
Blog Must Haves
1. Whatever you do, DO NOT, forget your Share Buttons! If you're using Blogger, Mayura has a few fabulous tutorials on his blog : Add Share Buttons for Your Blogger Posts with AddThis and if you're not a fan of AddThis, how about Add Share Buttons for Your Blogger Posts with ShareThis. If you're using WordPress, there are many plugins you can use.
2. When using Share Buttons on your blog, BE SURE to add your @TwitterName. This serves several purposes. It gives you the recognition you deserve for that blog post. It allows other Twitter users to Follow you and can help gain you more blog readers. THIS IS A MUST!
Share Only the Facts
1. Don't publish rumors or hearsay. Pet Bloggers will eat you alive if you start spreading falsities.
2. PICTURES! Pet Blogger LOVE pictures of pets!
Pet Bloggers are everywhere on the net and it, in my humble opinion, is very competitive. There are BIG bloggers with tons of posts and comments and then there are the little taters who don't get many comments. But don't give up!
There are plenty of blog posts out there are "How To's" out there on blog etiquette; what your blog should look like; etc. It's all a learning experience so if at first you don't succeed, keep on trying. Networking with others is a MUST! These are your readers, your friends, your advice givers, and your confidants.
I hope you find some of the above Pet Blogging tips useful. I'm by far NOT an expert but I have been there and I continue to plug right along!
About Guest Author
Brenda Lee from Pibbles & Me is a snarky, sometimes hormonal pit bull mommy and veterans wife. She works full-time as an Administrative Assistant at the local landfill. When's she's not at work, she enjoys spending time rehabilitating her pit bull, Titan and having fun with the family.
|Find Me: My Girly Parts | Twitter | Facebook | Google+|